|Project by Mark A. DeCou||posted 06-28-2009 12:21 AM||9849 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
This custom designed Hat Making Tool was a commissioned item, and has been SOLD.
I’ve been pretty busy the past few weeks working on Maloof-Inspired rocking chairs, and since they aren’t finished yet, I’ve not posted much for projects lately. I did take a break from all the rasping and sanding though to design and build this tool late this week.
This hand tool was designed to add a small groove around the top of a leather Sweat Band on a custom hat. It is made to exactly match the old Borsalina Fedora sweat band. The specifics of the groove size and distance from the top are proprietary. The customer sent me photos of the sweat band he was trying to replicate, and then I scratched my head a couple of weeks and then designed the tool for that purpose. I make quite a few custom hunting knives, and so I decided to make the handle as ergonomic and decorative as I do on my knives.Materials:
- Yellow Brass
- Brazilian Walnut
- Abalone Shell
- Heat Treated Steel
Thanks for looking,
Artisan Hat Tools by Mark DeCou Studio
(Do you want to see More? Just follow these links):
ALL HAT MAKING ITEMS THAT I HAVE IN STOCK
ARE LISTED IN MY ETSY.COM ONLINE SHOP, click here to check inventory
- Ebonized Walnut Clockwise with Laser Engraving
- Walnut Counter Clockwise w/Laser Engraving
- Walnut Uni-Directional Cutter
- Maple Deluxe Model, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Maple Deluxe Model, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Deluxe, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Deluxe, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Hobbyist-Hatter Model, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Hobbyist-Hatter Model, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Bench-Top Display Stand
- Oak Bench-Top Display Stand
Click here to check inventory
- Spradley Hats in Apline, TX
- Rachel Pollock of La Bricoleuse
- Brainpan Hat Shop in Sumner, WA
- Steve Delk's Adventurebilt Hat Co.
- Marc Kitter's Adventurebilt Hat Co.
- Pyrate Trading Co.
- Hatman Jack at Wichita Hat Works
- Inaaya Hat Co.
- Penman Hat Co.
- Complete Restoration of a Maillard Conformateur and Formillon
- New DeCou Formillion & Conformer, Prototypes #1 & #2
- Custom Designed Conformateur Carrying & Storage Case
- New Plot Base Board for the Maillard Allie Formillon
- Maple Wrench for Tightening Formillon Thumbnuts
- Left-Handed & Right-Handed Foot Tolliker
- Foot Tolliker: Elk Antler & Birch Wood, on a Display Stand
- Foot Tolliker: Walnut Wood, on a Display Stand
- Foot Tollikers: Three in White Birch Wood
- Foot Tollikers: Walnut Wood Set of Four
- Foot Tollikers, Birch Wood Double Set, on Display Stand
- Hinge-Shackle Curling Tool for the Homburg Hat
- Full Circle Shackle Curling Tool
- Half Circle Shacking Curling Tool
- Groove Tolliker Curing Tool
- “Coming Soon”, please check back.
(Note: This tool design is protected by copyright 2009-2010 by the Author, Mark A. DeCou, no unauthorized use is permitted of the photos, design, or text without expressed written permission.)
-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com