|Project by CB_Cohick||posted 09-22-2015 04:18 PM||1951 views||4 times favorited||14 comments|
This is my first major woodworking project I finished last Spring. I am just now getting around to putting it online. It is based on Norm’s table using the plans from Creston. I had to alter the plans to make the table narrower to fit my small shop. Otherwise it went accordingly. If I were to do it again I would forget about the toe kick. Since it sits on 3” wheels it really isn’t needed. Practically every step was a first for me. I learned so much.
The first photo is the finished table. I went with a tung oil and poly finish on the exterior plywood and trim.
Photo two is an early dry fit of the plywood pieces.
Photo three is where I learned that it really is true, you never have enough clamps.
Photo four shows bottoms for some of the bit drawers. I learned how to drill holes using my drill press cleanly without tearout.
Photo 5 is after drawer assembly.
Photo six is during the laminate application process. Also a learning experience.
For anyone considering building your own table, I fully recommend it. You can buy less expensive tables, but it is all about the journey not the destination.
Thanks for your advice during the build. I couldn’t have done it without you all.
-- Chris - Would work, but I'm too busy reading about woodwork.