|Project by Sam Shakouri||posted 09-05-2015 01:01 AM||1763 views||0 times favorited||16 comments|
This piece of olive was in bad shape when I decided to work on it. I performed a ( plastic surgery ) to save it from fire. As you see in photos 4, 5 and 6 how I replaced the damage area by another piece of the same kind. It is very hard to notice the repairing spot if I don’t inform you about it. Sometime, I have to look for it when I want to show it to a friend.
It is 24 cm in diameter and 9.5 cm high, finished with one coat of super glue instead of sanding sealer and lastly with wax. I usually used super glue in finishing pens but for the first time I used it for a big object like this. I used 12 tubes of super glue for this bowl.
-- Sam Shakouri / CREATING WONDERS WITH WOOD.....Sydney,Australia....