|Project by zoopmitty||posted 09-04-2015 11:02 PM||495 views||3 times favorited||0 comments|
That time of the year is coming up.. So i thought i start making some of the holiday theme stuffs. For the first project I decided to make a giant pumpkin… its about 30” tall and about 14” wide. I think cutting the three pieces of wood and holding it together was the right choice for this design. routing the edges really sells the look. Another quick and easy project. It sold for $20. That was the icing on the cake since i didn’t expect it to be sold so quick.
1) 10 minutes or so drawing out the pumpkin along with the design of the leaves
2) 3 minutes cutting out the pumpkin
3) 30 minutes cutting out the leaves on the scroll saw (yeah i’m slow on that)
4) 2 minutes routing the edges of the pumpkin
5) 10 minutes or so sanding all the pieces.
6) 5 minutes spray painting all the pieces
7) about 6 hours or so waiting for the paint to dry. About 3 coats total
8) 10 minutes to assemble the pieces
9) 10 MINUTES TO BE SOLD. nice crisp $20 bill in my pocket. I should have made more. LOL