|Project by CalumetWoodworks||posted 09-01-2015 07:42 PM||1016 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
This is my first time making a goblet. Overall I’m ok with how it turned out.
I took a big chunk of black walnut, cut it in half and put a piece of 1/4×1/4×1/4×1/4 mahogany and bloodwood in between and glued it back together. Turned it, sanded from 120-600, then finished with Danish oil and friction polish. When finished I noticed some tool marks along the lower part of the cup. Not wanting to re-sand, I used some 18 gauge wire and burned the two stripes along the bottom in an attempt to hide the cup.
Turned out ok.
Comments and suggestions for improvements are always welcome!