|Project by Goodsh||posted 08-28-2015 02:42 AM||1214 views||3 times favorited||3 comments|
Just finished this coffee table. My first actual piece of furniture. I started in almost a year ago and then took a big break in between. It’s walnut and maple with aprons drawbored into the legs. My first big panel glue up. Finished with General Finishes Arm R Seal and hand rubbed. Put several coats on and then rubbed it out. The finishing took forever, especially rubbing out by hand. I used sandpaper and soapy water and then steel wool. Then rubbed a few spots too much which ended up with a slight discolouration and had to add a bit more finish in those spots and then rub again. Plus in using the soapy water I ended up with white discolouration (basically looked like soap scum except it would clean up) in a few spots that couldn’t be removed without heavy sanding.
Only thing I’m not happy with is the fit of the table top not being perfectly tight. if you look from underneath there is a few spots with a tiny gap between the apron/leg tops and the table top. Oh well, nobody will ever notice.