|Project by oltexasboy1||posted 08-16-2015 07:42 PM||1158 views||2 times favorited||3 comments|
I forgot to get pics of this table until after it was taken home by my niece. It is made of poplar with walnut accent strips hand inlayed into the top and around the outside edge. The legs are glued up 1×4s’ because I couldn’t get 16/4 poplar so I decided to run a groove down each seam line in order to camouflage the seams. That worked well but the problem with having 12 32” grooves in each leg is that you have 12 -32” grooves to sand and (defuzz). (If you are a woodworker ,you know that is a real word, I don’t care what the dictionary says.) I used cherry tinted Watco for the finish after dewaxed shellac, top it with 3 coats of hand rubbed urethane. The shellac went bad and I wound up having to hand scrap and resand the entire thing because the shellac would not cure, it stayed tacky for days. After 8 days I gave up and scraped it down and started all over again. The picture kinda sucks but it is the only one I have. Thanks for the looks folks.
-- "The pursuit of perfection often yields excellence"