|Project by Tim Marko||posted 05-28-2009 03:57 PM||1711 views||6 times favorited||3 comments|
I modified plans for this clock. Don’t remember where I saw it first.
It was my first atte,pt at through tenons. They turned out a little loose, but was good practice. The original called for dovetails on the top, but without a dovetail jig I decided to go with a box joint. (Need to try handcutting DTs.)
The case is Ash and the face is spalted cottonwood. Finish is 4 coats BLO/MS/Satin Poly.
I used an electronic chime pendulum movement from Woodcraft. It is more than loud enough. Next time I’ll skip the chime.
Thanks for looking.
-- Tim, trying to come up with something cool to say here!