|Project by shipwright||posted 08-10-2015 01:02 AM||6289 views||19 times favorited||28 comments|
This is an idea that I have had kicking around in my head for a while now but faced with the task of making four new sets of steel blade clamps for my four new chevalets, I decided now was the time. It is really no more than a mini grinder equipped with a cut off disc to which I have added an adjustable reference surface and a sled. It works like a hot (literally) damn.
I cut all these pieces in about a half hour. They would have taken me all day (and nearly killed me) with a hacksaw.
These are the new clamps. You can see the “how to” in this blog.
I designed as I built and the whole process took less than two hours. The best part is I used all stuff that was already around the shop ….. free!
Thanks for looking
-- Paul M ..............If God wanted us to have fiberglass boats he would have given us fibreglass trees. http://thecanadianschooloffrenchmarquetry.com/