|Project by henricus||posted 08-07-2015 05:42 PM||1026 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
I started working on this clock. I’m using a solid piece of Walnut and an old USSR plastic clock face with Roman Numerals. I used white plastic rods, 1/8” and 1/16” for the inner dial. I’ve made most of the cuts. I bought a clock glass door in brass and practiced fitting it on a piece of scrap wood. I didn’t like the fit, so I ordered a pressure fit one. I now have the movement and hands. I need to cut the slot for the fit up and attach the base and stain/seal.
I got the pressure fit glass ring and it worked wonderfully. I stained and sealed it with wipe on poly. This was my first time using wipe on poly and it is okay, but I think I prefer the paste finishes like Briwax. I’m very pleased with it and am ready to go on to the next one.