|Project by blockhead||posted 05-23-2009 03:58 AM||2666 views||10 times favorited||24 comments|
This is my first attempt at using a type of box joint. The box is made from more oak scrap lying around the shop. I used my box joint jig I made and it seemed to work ok. This is a bit of a departure design wise from my last box. I was just wanting to try something different and use a couple of techniques I hadn’t used before (thanks for the advice Blake). I cut the legs using my jig saw insert. There was a knot in the wood that was really cool looking and I wanted to incorporate it in the box, so I used a drum sander attachment on my drill press to shape it and use it for the knob. The bottom is lined with black vinyl. I used four coats of wipe on poly/oil and two coats of oil/wax. Any and all comments and/or suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
-- Brad, Oregon- The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.