|Project by bkap||posted 08-05-2015 05:28 PM||1421 views||3 times favorited||15 comments|
I am posting pictures of my new rocker. It is made with Argentine Mesquite and a Ranch front leg with a vertical Headrest of multiple pieces of wood.
One of my first rockers had a vertical Headrest (you can see it at kappelusa.com, but this one is made with varying shades of wood. I like it, but I did make a mistake when clamping it up.
I placed the clamp in front and tightened the clamp until I cracked the Headrest. It was an easy fix with epoxy and clamped from the back. I must not have been thinking too clearly when I placed the first clamp.
Note; that I made the Headrest with an accentuated curve towards the back. This defeated my “Crown” logic, but it is what I wanted for aesthetics.
It is a ‘plain Jane’ style rocker for my low-end inventory. The ‘balance’ is average as is the sizing. The arms are shaped, as I sometimes do, a little differently under the front. It does have an insert of burled wood in the Headrest.
This Argentine Mesquite keeps on amazing me with the fantastic figuring that pops out during finishing.
-- Rocking Chair Guy