|Project by nblazek||posted 08-05-2015 12:45 PM||1270 views||0 times favorited||0 comments|
I have a friend getting married in the fall who is a huge Harry Potter fan. She has a key holder on her registry and I though that this was a great chance to infuse some Hogwarts into her house.
I used some pallet wood for the frame and 1/4” ply for the face. This was the first time I used vinegar and steel wool to age wood. It had a pretty drastic effect as I had to sand it down to match the new with the old.
This was also my first attempt at doing an ink transfer from an inkjet printer. Everything went pretty well for a few first time techniques. The final touch was toughing up a skeleton key and adhering it to the frame.
All in all, it looks the way I planned it to, which I’ll accept as a success.