|Project by Karson||posted 05-16-2009 06:28 AM||1484 views||0 times favorited||13 comments|
I finished my 391Challenge pen.
The blog is here. that describes the rules and how this wood came to be.
I found a log in my driveway and it was a Cherry Burl. I had it sliced and gave some pen blanks out in the Pen Trade Swap.
Turning the blank was quite easy. I had no chipouts from the burl, but i did have a wormhole that was patched with burl sanding dust and epoxy glue. It is under the clip, but is pretty invisable.
We are suppose to have our pens made by July 4th so get going guys.
My 391XChallenge Pen Desert Ironwood.
My 391BChallenge entry Spalted Willow.
My 391 twins for the people that gave me the wood is here.
-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware soon moving to Virginia firstname.lastname@example.org †