|Project by tmiller||posted 05-12-2009 03:11 AM||2573 views||1 time favorited||5 comments|
I watched the “Create-a-bed” video enough times to get a good feel for how they were made and then made my own hardware. It wasn’t to difficult but finding the exact pivot point for the bed took a few attempts on a partial scale model (scrap wood). I spent along time getting the feet/latches to work but in the end I just went with a safety latch in the upper right hand corner. Fortunately, I was able to match it to the handles. This bed clogged up my shop for months and I could barley work on anything else. Finally, I just powered through it to have it done by the new year. In retrospect I could have made this much more simplistic but in the end being functional that is what mattered to me. Now the in-laws don’t have to sleep on a blowup mattress and I get my drum set back.