|Project by jeffswildwood||posted 07-22-2015 12:54 AM||2670 views||5 times favorited||11 comments|
This is a project I was asked to build for a friend. His Son has taken an interest in collecting rocks and needed a display for them. I have done interlocking pieces before but it was a slow process. I needed 98 slots in this to get what I wanted so I came up with a jig, http://lumberjocks.com/projects/169178 to get consistency. This made the process much easier and came out great! I did learn some valuable lessons making this.
When the dividers are sanded, they become loose.
When they are sprayed with clear gloss, they get VERY tight again.
Making a jig can really help.
This was a fun project and I did learn a lot. Made from poplar and stained with provincial stain. Inside sprayed with clear gloss enamel and the outside minwax wipe on tun oil.
-- We all make mistakes, the trick is to fix it in a way thats says "I meant to do that".