|Project by jaysuzi||posted 07-12-2015 11:05 PM||1128 views||2 times favorited||5 comments|
I finally got around to replacing my old, undersized, unsafe lumber rack (the last two pictures are the old ones). My inspiration was a design from Wood magazine Issue 160 Dec/Jan 2004/2005. I modified it a bit to suite my needs. Now, I have more room, so that I can better sort the lumber, but most importantly, it is much safer than the old one.
The lumber for the project was cheap, only about $27 worth of 2×4 and some hardboard that I already had. The big expense that I didn’t fully figure in was for the lag screws and additional screws, which was about $35, but again, it is worth the few extra buck to ensure that it doesn’t all come crashing down.
-- Jay in Pennsylvania, http://hobby4charity.org/