|Project by Eric Burke||posted 07-07-2015 02:41 AM||1038 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
This is my first bandsaw box, using the Drunken Woodworker’s Aurora plans. As you can see, it’s made from baltic birch plywood and some scrap walnut. It’s finished with Minwax high gloss polyurethane, 50% mixed with mineral spirits to make it wipe-on friendly.
Here is what I learned from this project:
- My bandsaw was not tuned well, so after making this box I spent time aligning and tuning
- Next time, make the box a bit shallower so I can use my oscillating spindle sander more easily
- The wood moved around a lot during glue-up; next time I’ll use biscuits for alignment
- OMG sanding took forever
- Changing blades consumes a lot of time, so next time I may batch out several boxes at once