|Project by Dr_T||posted 07-06-2015 11:57 PM||1214 views||4 times favorited||7 comments|
Well the wife requested that I make her an intarsia piece after I’ve made presents for several other family members. What was I going to do? Have to keep the wife happy. :-)
This was another Judy Gale Roberts pattern, this one reduced by 25%. I used Cedar, Walnut, and Peruvian Walnut for the different colors.
Photo 1 – The finished piece while the lacquer is still drying. Bright overcast makes for the best outdoor photos.
Photo 2 – The finished piece in its final place on the wall. The lighting from the lamp helps emphasize the shaping of the pieces.
Photo 3 – Planning complete, all of the pattern pieces have been glued to the right boards. Just looks so much like a raccoon in this picture!
Photo 4 – Finished cutting out all of the pieces.
Photo 5 – Pieces assembled, not happy with the forehead piece which I had to split into 2 due to lack of a wide enough board. Doubtful about being able to fill the gap well enough that it will not show.
Photo 6 – All of the pieces shaped, still not happy with the forehead piece. I eventually bit the bullet and bought a different board that was wide enough for the entire piece.
Hope you enjoy it as much as the wife does!