|Project by luv2learn||posted 06-26-2015 10:06 PM||1026 views||0 times favorited||21 comments|
It has been a while since I posted any projects, life got in the way. Anyway, when we built our house I intentionally made accommodations for five wall sconces in our living room. Ten years later all that was on the walls was white covers over the outlet boxes (pic #2). Why? I couldn’t decide what the sconces should look like. Then, sitting in my favorite recliner recently I was looking at the chandelier hanging in the kitchen (pic#3) and it dawned on me that there were five lights making up the chandelier. If I could find another chandelier, I could take it apart and figure a way to mount the individual lights on the wall.
I was browsing our Habitat for Humanity resale store and guess what I found, an identical chandelier to the one in our kitchen. All I had to do know was to figure a way to mount the lights to the wall without any exposed fasteners. I wanted a wooden base for the sconces so I turned five of them from some cherry (pic#4,5). Finished them with Watco Danish oil and paste wax (pic#6).
I may be slow, but I’m not fast. LOL!!
Thanks for looking!
-- Lee - Northern idaho~"If the women don't find you handsome, at least they ought to find you handy"~ Red Green