|Project by MarkTheFiddler||posted 06-25-2015 10:20 PM||1784 views||2 times favorited||10 comments|
I made 4 small frames from a branch in the burn pile. It came from the cedar mill I visited last Autumn.
These frames are going to the same church I made the “Mariachi” Series frames for. They needed very light weight frames for 4 8X8 paintings they are going to hang on closet doors. They plan to add Velcro to the backs of these frames and the doors. If they use enough Velcro, they should be very steady.
I like the wild grain direction and the live edges. However, it may be a little busy for the paintings.
The knots turned out to be a minor hassle. The frames were breaking at those weak points. I went ahead removed the remaining knot branch pieces, and glued them back in with an ample supply of sanding dust.
The frames are interesting to a point but I don’t think I want to salvage a branch again. ;)
I apologize for the pictures. I was delivering the frames and forgot that I was going to post them. That boring background is part of my prison cell (cubicle wall). And the high quality images are from my I-phone 3.
Thanks for looking!
-- Thanks for all the lessons!