|Project by jaysuzi||posted 06-22-2015 09:31 PM||668 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
My wife wanted 5 new shelves for her Montessori preschool classroom. She had found something close to what she wanted on Amazon, but they weren’t exactly what she wanted and it was going to be $1000 total. So she gave the task to me. She did have some requests:
1. Two of them needed to have 9 cubbies – one for each child
2. The other 3 needed to maximize the shelving space
3. They all needed casters so that they can be easily moved
4. They needed peg board on the backs of them – the fronts actually face the wall part of the year until she introduces the items and she uses the peg board to display seasonal items.
5. They needed to at least 4’x3’ and still fit in our Dodge Journey to transport them (I managed 48” x 42” with almost no wasted material)
6. I needed to save her money – Total came in at $291
She likes the pine plywood with the wild grain patterns and wanted them high gloss. She even liked the exposed plywood edges, as they match some shelves she had previously purchased. It made it easier for me and helped keep down the cost.
-- Jay in Pennsylvania, http://hobby4charity.org/