|Project by Julian||posted 1495 days ago||1483 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
After pulling the apple wood and mulberry out of the kiln yesterday, I felt compelled to plane it down and see what I had. This was the result. It is the same dimensions as the last project that I made, and was lots of fun to build. Mulberry is very easy to work with, which made chiseling out the dovetails a breeze. The apple on the otherhand was very hard, and prone to tearout even more so than tiger maple. The mulberry will darken to an orange-brown color similiar to osage orange, so it should match the color of the apple wood beautifully. I finished this project with BLO, then I rubbed in my beeswax finish with 0000 steel wool, then buffed it out with a cotton rag.
-- Julian, Park Forest, IL