|Project by ghost5||posted 06-15-2015 10:42 PM||671 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
I started out turning a piece of sweetgum but it was so dry I had to stop and add some stabilizer to the blank so on the blank #2. I wasn’t sure what this was until I started turning and it was spalted Bradford pear but the spalting turned away. I turned it to resemble a piece of Japanese pottery and it is thin. I added a band then used a Dremel to stipple a design. After I used natural stain I mixed burnt umber and black acrylic paints with a bit of water and used it to glaze the stippling. I wiped off the excess then used 220 grit to sand the high areas to lighten the color.
The inside had some chatter marks caused by an area of feather. I liked the look so I just left it in, too. Oops I didn’t load that pic into the puter so you won’t get to see that part.
-- Tommy, http://www.followingghost.com