|Project by RPhillips||posted 06-14-2015 02:13 AM||2335 views||10 times favorited||15 comments|
After wrapping up the end of a tool swap, the idea of a grease box swap was mentioned. Seeing as I had never heard of such a thing, I searched it and rean across Mafe’s grease box project. I really liked the idea of trying to make a one for myself one day. So the other day the idea popped back into my head and I decided to go ahead and give it a go.
So I gathered a few scraps and…
Here it is. Enjoy.
Wenge for the top section (I think, but not too sure)
Padauk for the middle section
Maple for the bottom section
Cross section cut off of a brass rod for the bowtie
Finished with BLO and wax.
I know it’s not perfect, the dovetail is a little sloppy… the middle piece has some gouging… the bottom section split on me and I had to glue it, but in all, I really enjoyed making it. I learned a bit and also found out why you need fish tailed chisels. :)
Now I need to fill it!
-- Rob - Indianapolis IN - Learning... one mistake at a time...