|Project by SgtRich||posted 06-11-2015 12:22 PM||745 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
a coworker asked if I could build two flower boxes to replace her grandparent’s current, dilapidated, paint peeling, flower boxes. Grandpa, who is or was an architect, gave me some specific design direction and dimensions. So the “what” was covered, I just figured out the “how”.
I gave them a few price/material options and they chose the Redwood option. no complaints here.
Construction is mostly pocket hole joinery and polyurethane glue. Originally thinking a Teak Oil finish, but I guessed they may not keep up with re-applying the oil as it would need, so I went with ReadySeal Deck Stain in a cedar shade.
not rocket science here, but a fun, quick turn project.
-- Every day is another opportunity to create something great. firstname.lastname@example.org