|Project by theoldfart||posted 06-06-2015 11:48 PM||4605 views||14 times favorited||42 comments|
I’ve been dragging my feet about posting this chest since it seems to be never fully completed. I’m still making upgrades to the tool mounts. It started at a tool making company in Maine and a woodworking writer teaching the class
We had the carcass done in two days! That was in July of 2014, ten months to fine tune. I work slow!
We couldn’t find the clamps so we resorted to old school methods, cut nails in the dovetails
From there I made the breadboard top, used a 45 for most of the fitting
I took my time setting up the interior, experience with my Anarchist chest taught me that. The hardware is from Lee Valley and Van Dykes. The paint is Old Fashioned Milk paint ( Mustard yellow covered then with Liberty Green) Still need to wax it.
The saw till on the lid was stollen from Brad design and plans. I made it from Ipe’. The only tailed tool used was a router to cut the saw slots.
The lower section has my boring tools, shoulder plane, mallet, fret saws, and spokeshaves.
All of the joining and fitting was done with vintage hand tools.
Tell me what ya think.
-- "With every tool obtained, there is another that is needed" DonW ( Kevin )