|Project by hairy||posted 1703 days ago||1023 views||2 times favorited||7 comments|
I’m having too much fun with the lathe. This is walnut, thanks to Hurricane Ike.I cut it into a blank, microwaved it until it quit losing weight.The inside of the brass fitting has 2 dimensions. The threads are bigger than the sleeve for the copper tube. I cut it down so it’s a little thick, then thread the fitting onto the wood. Check the fit. I had to cut back the transition between the two for a tight fit. CA glue it on.I just use a file to shape the brass. Drill a hole. I check the size using a drill gauge, then drill one size smaller for a tight fit. I found out that drilling the hole the same size as the piece will result in a loose fit.Once the handle is shaped, I part it off, and use the tailstock to press in the point, with more CA glue.Sandpaper and tung oil is all that’s left.It took about an hour. Thanks for checking it out.
-- It must be jelly baby, cause jam don't shake like that...