|Project by clieb91||posted 05-29-2015 01:42 AM||1051 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
It turned out to be a very productive 4 day weekend last weekend. Not only did I fix the shower and finally install a new doorknob on the front door I was able to make new storage inside the house so we can get rid on some of the pantry space in the garage and keep more things in the storage pantry with out worrying it may get too hot or too cold.
My initial plan was to construct 3 between the stud narrow shelving units to put a lot of my wife’s canning on. I was quite surprised when I cut into the wall in our laundry area to find a huge cavity with some of the duct work in it. I was planning to have to work around some of the ducts but did not realize how much space I would have.The whole inside of this wall was just strange. The small middle shelf is configured this way as there are horizontal and vertical studs in that section of the wall. They support almost nothing but I decided I would rather not start ripping them out, just in case.
So do to the space I wound up with a shelving unit made of 1×12s, 1×4s, 1×6s. As you can see in the first pic it is already starting to fill up. we have 6 jars of last year’s sauce which should just get us to August when my wife will make more. I spaced two of the shelves to hold sauce jars so we would have plenty of space for them. while I was busy with this my wife was making fresh strawberry jam to store on them. I am looking forward to filling them up with all kinds of goodies.
Going to get rid of those press board cabinets in the garage this weekend.
-- Chris L. "Don't Dream it, Be it."- PortablePastimes.com (Purveyors of Portable Fun and Fidgets)