|Project by emart||posted 05-27-2015 12:48 AM||770 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
Yup. Another black locust project. The table top is made from the end slabs of a log I recently cut up and the legs are the rough scraps i couldn’t do anything else with. Other than the legs there is no glue holding this together because the wood is still drying so I intend on taking it apart and planing/gluing the top once it is fully dried out next year. I got lucky on the legs because my lathe was just barely big enough to make them the size i wanted. Originally i wanted more traditional looking legs with a frame to hold the table together but the wood i had didn’t split evenly and I simply couldn’t be bothered to split up another log to make the frame since I wanted a table made from my scrap pile.
-- tools are only as good as the hands that hold them https://www.custommade.com/by/emeraldcrafts/