|Project by boxman||posted 03-29-2009 06:02 PM||3092 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
This is a box that just about ended up in the trash, first of all i srarted out to make a box that had only 3 sides, i soon found out that the pieces did not fit together, i come to realize that my saw when i read 30 degrees that was the outside angle & not the inside one to give me my triangle shape, so i had some maple & it turned out to be a six sided box. I put the inlay strip on the zebrawood before cutting to size, each side piece was about 3 1/8” wide & 3” high , put together it is 5 1/2” across. I had a beautiful piece of maple burl that i used for the top, the photo with the lid oped i propped the lid open to show inside, the back view shows the brass pin hinges & maple bottom, so what turned out to be almost a disaster turned out ok,i used shellac on the inside & a wipe-on poly for the outside, this was a fun project but i’m still going to make that 3 sided box when i figure it out.
thanks for looking – john
-- john, Moose Jaw, Sask, firstname.lastname@example.org