|Project by mfwoodshop||posted 05-13-2015 09:51 PM||905 views||1 time favorited||1 comment|
I’ve had this idea for about a year now. I have finally got to it. At work we have a key machine and I have been collecting the shaving for about a year. I got some test tubes from a party store. Mixed the key shaving and epoxy together and poor the mix into the tube. What i wasn’t expecting is the heat that it put off. It was hot enough to melt the tubes and causing them to bend. This created a small problem. It was a pain in the butt to the the mold out of the tube. Nothing a hammer can’t fix. I was planning on drilling a small hole in the bottom of the tube and shoot it with air. Nope: Ended up just breaking the tube away from the mold. the first one I broke the mold. I ended up with five good molds to work from.
-- Thank You