|Project by degoose||posted 1950 days ago||1248 views||4 times favorited||9 comments|
Hi guys me again.
Just a few pics of some of the lazy susans I have made [ so far since I started making them have competed over 200 and every one different]the largest is 28” diameter.
- Crows Ash [Flindersia australis] with Queensland Red Cedar[Toona australis] inlay
- Camphor laurel [Cinnamonum camphora]
- Malaysian Merbau [Intsia palembanica]
- Striped timbers are New Guinea Rosewood [pterocarpus indicus],Tassie Blackwood[Acacia melanoxylon], Silver Ash[Flindersia Schottiana],Tassie Myrtle [nothofagus cuninghamii] and Purple Heart[Peltogyn pubescenc]
- Southern Coastal Cypress [Callitris columellaris]
- Tasmanian Blackwood [Acacia melanoxylon]
I have set up a sliding doveltail jig on my bandsaw to cut circles and one on a 12” sanding disc to smooth the edges of bandsaw marks.[ I can cut and sand a circle of any diameter in less than 2 minutes]
Many more posts to come
cheers for now and enjoy
-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...