|Project by Luddite||posted 05-06-2015 11:00 PM||1125 views||3 times favorited||3 comments|
Way back in 2014….
Somewhere after lopping off the tip of my left thumb and just about the time I tore the conjoined tendon of my hamstring off the base of the pelvic bone and quite a bit before I had two parathyroid glands pulled from my throat, a good friend and client asked about building a unique cabinet for his living room.
It proved more a challenge then wanted. I had to repair my Jet saw’s lifting belt, sharpen planer and jointer blades, deal with other tool based peccadilloes and questionable body part failures. When I finally got started the summer heat was on but work continued.
I think I over thought this one just a little too much. Rather then letting the panels slip into the legs with a dado I framed the panels and used biscuits to join the frame on to the legs. Tried and succeeded in making and installing web frames more difficult then imagined.
Once the frame was built I made drawers using baltic birch plywood. The client requested the slides be full-extension and soft close. Of course, I didn’t plan this until I had to build the drawers. It all did work out and I found some new techniques for hanging drawer slides from watching u-tube.
I did repair a cracking panel with a butterfly inlay and managed to repair a broken leg, natural mesquite defect, when the project was completed.
Since finishing this project I’ve repaired all tools and damaged body parts and all’s well. It only took me a year to finally speak of this project.
thanks for viewing.
-- T Loftus -- Just on the edge of common sense