|Project by Pat3||posted 05-02-2015 05:44 AM||766 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
I made this Shoe Rack for my daughter years ago. After several moves, the rack started to have a gap btwn one of the sides and back assy as well as the top shelf. Plus the sides and back were very scratched up. Our daughter came for a visit earlier this week and brought the rack with her for repairs.
Cut nails fixed the gap issues. I gave it a good cleaning, then sanded down the sides to remove the old finish (Liberon Wipe on Oil) and numerous scratches. Then I gave it one coat of Tung Oil, and followed up with several coats of Liberon until the proper finish was achieved.
The Rack looks good as new and my daughter was very happy, win-win!