|Project by KelSnake||posted 04-18-2015 01:29 AM||1294 views||6 times favorited||7 comments|
I made this cabinet from some barnboard that I had, and I thought I would see what it looked like if I planned up the material first.
The top of the cabinet is a lid that is free to lift open. Once inside there are mechanisms to unlock the door and drawers.
The bottom feet are a bit rustic, but what I enjoyed the most was that the I had the matching knot holes working out nearly symetrical on each foot.
The knobs are merely branches that I used a tennoning head to fashion a consistant dowel end to glue into the drawer/door faces.
Finished with 5 coats of semi-gloss water based varathane.
-- Kel Snake, ~ Mystery By Design ~ http://www.woodlockplans.ca