|Project by GaryLundgrenCrafts||posted 04-06-2015 11:29 PM||2847 views||24 times favorited||4 comments|
Worksharp station modified from the plans I bought from Stumpy Nubs at: http://www.stumpynubs.com/
Mostly made of MDF and a few plywood scraps, I reversed the plan layout, made the top a little longer to accommodate my set up since I already have the work tool bar I paid $60 for. Unless you already bought the work tool bar, follow Stumpy’s directions and save yourself $30 to $35.
I also modified how many slots hold the discs, as again . . . I spent money and bought the glass discs. I have discs that go from 80 to 6000 grit. Didn’t figure I need any more than that. A few extra slots holds spare sandpapers and a note sheet.
I put in a drawer with the left over space, pretty much following the directions for the original drawer, apart from dimensioning it to fit.
The drawer knobs I found at Lowes hobby parts bin. These are actually leftovers I bought from a router circle jig I made.
It takes a little finessing to get the top level with the sanding disk. It can change a little too depending on the thickness of the sandpaper. But, it’s close enough. :-)
Stumpy’s plans are $10. Seemed reasonable to me. I thought of reverse engineering it based on visual, but , as good as I think I am . . . decided to buy the plans. I make fewer prototypes and cursing that way.
I did modify drawers by making drawer bottom rabbets and using 1/4” hardboard for drawer bottoms, fronts & backs.
It’s all glued & screwed.
Also put some handles on ends to make it easier to move about from shelf to work table. I find this B&D Workmate table (on wheels I built for it, see another post of that) is at a lower height than the workbench and makes it easier to use the Worksharp.