|Project by Bullgoose||posted 02-19-2009 09:38 PM||1082 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
I built this front porch post to replace one that was rotted out at the bottom. I used four pieces of pine that I mitered and biscuit joined together after using my router to create the grooves. To help insure that this post would not rot out, I vented it. The second picture is of the vented top portion of the post. The third and forth pictures show the base, which is two pieces of pine sandwiched together with a crisscross dado pattern and vent screens to allow for a flow of air through the base into the post. I also primed the interior to further protect the wood. BTW, the vent screens keep out insects.
-- When I die I want to go like my grandfather did...peaceful, in his sleep...not screaming like the passengers in his car.