|Project by SawdustyDan||posted 04-05-2015 08:33 PM||1186 views||6 times favorited||3 comments|
This is one I had in the first post, that had a ‘sag’ to it, that I just did not notice, until I posted the original pictures. I cut the dowels, drilled them out and re-glued the piece – making sure it stayed level until the glue set. Pretty simple fix job and it look better now. This was my first ‘floating mount’ trial, so I expected it to have some issues. BTW… thanks you to LJ Kiefer for using the word “cantilever”, which my brain refused to recognize this morning. So, this is an example of my ‘cantilevered floating mount’ idea!
Wood is spalted maple on walnut feet, with hardwood dowels. Finish is Minwax semi-gloss spray-on poly.
Hope y’all like it and check out my other tea light holders. Your comment, critiques and ideas are always welcome!
-- Sawdusty Dan - Bellevue, NE - "Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should just relax and get used to it." Robert A. Heinlein