|Project by Triman||posted 02-17-2009 11:18 PM||2152 views||12 times favorited||11 comments|
After promising my Wife a new wine rack for 2 months, I finally finished it! I just used inexpensive knotty pine and painted with a black satin paint. I faced some of the surfaces with 1/4” thick zebrawood. I also used zebrawood for the drawer fronts and the top edge that holds the upper bottles in place. I then used 1.5” by 3.5” pine for the upper bottle stands. I left the 11 stands loose, so that my Wife can remove them as she wants, in case she decides to add some sort of art piece on the top shelf (pottery, vase, etc.). The tiny room is in our basement, so I made it to fit in modules, then had to assemble it inside the “wine room”. 134 pieces of wood, and 124 router dadoes, and it’s all done!
-- Bruce, San Jose, Ca www.spotofwood.com