|Project by AZWoody||posted 03-27-2015 04:34 AM||4159 views||4 times favorited||14 comments|
Last year, I had the opportunity to recover some mesquite and eucalyptus trees that were being taken down in the area. I had priced what it would cost to take them 2 hours away to have them milled and after running the numbers, I found that it was cheaper in the long run to get my own sawmill.
Well, a year later, the wood has dried down pretty well in my all natural Arizona kiln (air died) and I needed storage space for it.
I had a few large stacks of pallets so set about to take advantage of using those, along with some 2×4s to frame them together to make vertical racks that can hold the lumber as it comes off the stickers.
I used 1/2” galvanized pipe to separate the various species and sizes and stretched bungee cords between them as a safety measure.