|Project by MC||posted 03-23-2015 09:55 PM||907 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
Received a request to build a base (box with a drawer) for a display case that had been built by another woodworker 30 years earlier. The base I built raised the cabinet 10 inches higher off the floor. It took a few tries on some pieces of scrap oak to come up with the right combination of finish to match the much older red oak. The magic combination I used was a 1 pound cut of amber shellac followed by Minwax Early American topped off with poly. In the end it turned out to be a very close match. First picture is the older cabinet on the new base; the last picture is the cabinet before the base was added.