|Project by Todd Swartwood||posted 03-23-2015 07:13 PM||1911 views||1 time favorited||15 comments|
I have been watching guys using shooting boards with end results close to perfect.
I decided it was time to have a shooting board for myself.I rebuilt an old Sargent #5 that I did not use much anymore.
The most important thing for this transformation was an angled tote. Changing the tote was really pretty straight forward. I first made a regular new tote out of Bloodwood, I then made a transition to angle the tote out of hard maple.
I must admit I am a little disappointed, I do not seem to find myself using it very often.
I must say however it does do what it is supposed to do and that is true up end grain very well.
Well thanks much for looking and comments do encourage me to post things more often.
Have a blessed day and fun making dust, Todd
-- Todd Swartwood (Todd Swart-Woodworks)