|Project by W. Paul||posted 02-01-2009 12:32 PM||22789 views||5 times favorited||18 comments|
I made this rocking horse for my daughters a year or two ago. It’s pine, with walnut stain followed by a red oak stain and about six coats of satin wiping poly. I picked up a plan for this rocking horse a couple years ago at Lowes, when they were liquidating their stock of Delta Plans. I think I paid a dollar for the plan. Not a bad deal, for so much fun for the little ones.
I think next time, instead of making the grain of the body go at right angle to the head piece, I will try to make the grain of the neck and body line up better. The way it is now, the glue line is just way too obvious. There are a number of other things I would do differently, but I’ll leave that to others to discover for themselves!
So far, everything I have made has been from somebody else’s plan. I envy all you Lumberjocks out there who can come up with your own plans and they turn out just beautiful! SWMBO has lined up the next four or five projects for me based on things she has seen in my magazines. But after that, I think I will try to make something up for myself. It won’t be perfect, but I’ll be it will be fun!
-- Paul, Wildwood, MO; (Ps 145: 1-2)