|Project by DanielS||posted 03-14-2015 10:24 PM||3335 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
After a couple of cold months of work, my new bench is finally done (mostly). The top is 23” x 84” (72 in the back) of 2” maple. I built the base out of syp 2×12’s from a long lost boat project.
I will eventually put in a divider similar to the benchcrafted benches, with small tool trays on the ends. There will also be some sort of shelf on the base. None of those plans take away from use though.
It is really solid and stable. Coming from my previous clamp down bench, it holds things like a dream. I did a couple of test resaws in both vises and was very happy.
The front vise is an old metal, not quick release. The end vise is a Sheldon. both are much better than the cheapo pony on my last bench. A couple of flexible clamp led lamps add some extra light.
-- Daniel S