|Project by TimberMagic||posted 03-12-2015 02:18 PM||1470 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
Here is a peppermill I made for my wife. (I finally made something for her instead of a present for someone else in the family.) The second picture shows one of the two blanks I got from my glue-up, and the first peppermill I turned. Thin sections of maple. walnut, jatoba, and purpleheart were glued together flat, then cut into two turning pieces. To make the stripes angled on each turning blank, I bandsaw-cut each piece on the diagonal, pieces were flipped and glued to each other, and then the resulting angled ends were trimmed square.
With four different woods, the bores were a little tricky to keep straight. The first peppermill drilled pretty well, the second one was a challenge, and I had to make progress in tiny steps.