|Project by Rayne||posted 03-09-2015 02:37 AM||1018 views||3 times favorited||3 comments|
Good Evening fell LJ’s, Here’s a slightly delayed project that I was able to complete using all of my previous projects at their capacity. :) I made 3 before Christmas and was hampered with clamping the work down and drill press to an extent, so the new toys I built were put to good use. These keepsake boxes are based upon The Woodwhisperer’s box. They have a keyed corner to keep the lid in place and 4 of them are done very well to the point that I have a hard time finding which one it is; the 5th is somewhat loose, but still hidden well enough. The only difference is the base and the lid are different species, along with the tabs from that of Marc’s. Here are the lumber combinations I used. Thanks for looking.
1) Walnut Base, Tzalam Lid, Purpleheart tabs
2) Flame Birch Base, Stinky lid (can’t remember name), Unknown scrap tabs.
3) Cherry Base, Tzalam Lid, Redheart tabs
4) Maple Base, Tzalam Lid, tabs unknown; not maple, but similar color.
5) Purpleheart Base and Lid, Redheart tabs