|Project by pillpod||posted 03-05-2015 06:05 PM||4324 views||16 times favorited||19 comments|
Hi! This is my first post here but I stop by to read most everyday. These are most of the bandsaw boxes I’ve made. There are a few more but the picture limit will not allow me to show them all. Every box is a unique design that I’ve come up with after gluing up the blank. I’ll give a little description for each!
1. Ash and walnut body with walnut strips and legs. This was the first square drawer box I attempted. I had some leftover ash from the lathe stand/mini workbench I made, so I put it to good use!
2. Walnut and maple pair of boxes as a wedding gift to my best friend and his now wife. I initially designed them to be 1 box, but the bandsaw couldn’t handle a box that big.
3. Wormy maple with walnut handles. This was fun little design I made for my mom. Everyone’s first thought is that it looks like mustaches.
4. Cherry with custom made aluminum handle and legs. I like this retro look and go to mix in some metal work!
5. Zebrawood with ebony handles. These are my favorite handles…so much fun to make. The zebrawood end grain looks crazy on this box.
6. Honduras rosewood and maple. This is the only box I’ve made where I didn’t draw the design in photoshop ahead of time. I just sketched it onto the wood with a pencil and cut it out.
I use poly for most of them but lately I’ve been switching to danish oil. I’ve noticed that golden oak danish oil gives the poly tint with the soft oil look.
Anyway, thanks for looking!