|Project by molan||posted 03-01-2015 04:50 AM||1792 views||0 times favorited||11 comments|
I started this project before moving as a way to safely move my hand tool collection. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to finish it in time and only had the carcass ready (without a lid) at the time of the move. So I packed everything in it and it sat in a storage container full and unfinished for over 6 months.
Then about 4 months after moving into the new place I finally got around to finishing this project. But even then it seemed to be vexed for some reason. Twice I miscut dovetails for the tills and had to remake parts. Whoopsie!
After I finished it I ended up painting it Blue (still not sure I like the blue) because I happened to have a gallon of leftover blue paint from another project. Quart vs Gallon anyone. There is a big difference when your wife tells the paint lady at Home Depot what she needs to repaint a toy box.
But I guess that is the nice thing about paint. If I decide I don’t like it I can change the color later.