|Project by John||posted 02-20-2015 07:03 PM||1103 views||2 times favorited||3 comments|
This project took two years to build because my mom got really sick. It was very satisfying to get this project done and give it to our Nephew this past Christmas. I used the cove cutting on the table saw technique for the first time to make the ogee bracket feet. I did the inlay a little different this time and I got it in without breaking it. I laminated four layers of black dyed veneer with the grain at 90 degree angles for stability. I cut the whole inlay out in one piece instead of making smaller pieces. The exterior finish is satin waterlox, while the interior was shellac.
-- Brain the size of a planet and they have me parking cars.